Yes Boss!!!

Yes Boss!!!
Okizle Multimedia Studios

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THE CONCERT I MISSED

Ok! So I love music, everybody knows that, that is the reason I Endeavour to attend any concert I can.

I prefer being in the heat of things also. So I would function perfectly well in the sounds and audiovisuals team. I don't think I can enjoy a concert with bad sounds and stuff. Imagine a perfectly good peavey speaker being under-used or misused. It's very annoying. Good sounds mean your audience can actually enjoy your concert. Anyway my point is I love mixing sounds and bringing out the best in sounds that's why I am a member of the Dunamis choir, the best choir yet in town. Every year the Dunamis choir holds a concert which is usually packed full with people. I remember there was this one time the auditorium was so full that people had to stand outside. We weren't expecting this, so the audio-visual team had to make alternative arrangement of video feed to those fellas outside. There was another concert that was intense. I could feel the power, the force in the room. People were actually in another planet and a kind of calm was felt even with the music and everything…an evening of worship.


This year the concert was a whole new ball game. Preparation was in top gear, rehearsals were hectic and strenuous. People sacrificed a lot, including school time. Some missed lectures. My school was on some kind of break so I had enough time on my hands to be involved in prepping for the concert. The instrumentalist, including myself held a lot of rehearsals together. Sometimes this rehearsal were all night. Now, it cold already but we still had to rehearse. The fun part is that we had time to fix in new stuff and be at a state of perfection. I had all the time in the world to mix the perfect sound, to make sure that the music the people would hear would be perfect and enjoyable. This is why I love the Behringher mixer so much, together with the Behringher graphic equalizer and Behringher "cross over". Also I had quality time with the amps…Crate and Yamaha.


Every rehearsal, I made sure that the speakers were functioning well together with the subwoofers and monitor speakers. Everything seemed set for the concert just one week away, what could possibly ruin it? Oh yeah, I forgot….School! For some reason known only to them, my school decided to resume a week to the concert and to make matters worse, I was going to start exams almost immediately. I thought I could make it to the concert and back to school in time for my exam (exam was the next day after concert). This I thought until I saw my examination schedule, I was having one chemistry course first, organic chemistry to be precise. Knowing how well I hated chemistry and not only chemistry but organic chemistry still I need to pass in order to maintain a GPA of 4.3, I just had to read and miss the concert. Fate could be so cruel!


What do I do now? I chose the only person I thought knew something about "sounds engineering"…my brother. He's younger than I am but I assume I have thought him enough. I took him to my final rehearsal in town and lectured him everything I knew…well, almost everything. The poor guy had a brain freeze. Most of the time he didn't understand what the hell I was saying. He actually started sleeping at one point in the meeting. I just gave up and hoped he wouldn't panic on the d-day. I just hoped people would assist him.


Imagine my joy when I learnt that the concert was a blast as usual. The people, the choir, sounds and instrumentalists. God has been faithful once again. Even in the midst of chaos, God has proved why he is still God. One of our song say God is able to do what he has promised to do. He's gonna fulfill every promise to you, don't give up on God 'cos he won't give up on you….and really he did just that.


Now what did I learn from that, never fidget in any situation you find yourself in, just commit it into God's hand and you will see that he's able. No matter how hard it seems or how difficult even how dangerous…he's able! Some pictures from the concert…


OKIZLE


Here the president gives is address.






And here is my brother whom I learnt did a really good job on that day…













No comments:

Post a Comment