Yes Boss!!!

Yes Boss!!!
Okizle Multimedia Studios

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I prepared for a Dinner


This is very real.
I had been informed of this dinner organized for us. I mean those of us in the University and those guys still in the secondary school.
At first i didn't think of it that much but when my friends started buggin me I concluded it would be fun. Infact i started persuading people to go 'cos many of them had flimsy excuses of not wanting to go.
An idea occured in my head of "bribing" them with a free ride and they agreed. Nigerians...we like awoof too much.
On the D-Day, my alma matter was having its valedictory service and musical concert from 10am-4pm, the dinner was to start by 4pm and i really wanted to go to both. The simple solution was to divide the time i would spend at the concert and spare time for me to prepare for the dinner.

At the concert, i met some old friends and we sort of caught up on old times. The concert was actually boring and we reminiscence d about our set and how crazy we were. So we decided to do one more crazy thing. W e got on stage and took charge of events for some minutes...singing and dancing.

By the time we were through, i noticed that it was 3pm already and I need to get ready for the Dinner. I went home to get dressed. Got my suit, white shirt and couldn't decide on a tie. Anyway, i got a tie to wear and I got ready to go.

My friend, Joseph told me to pick him up on the way, I had to pick some other people(girls) along the way. Needless to say, I got to the the dinner late...I mean really late. I got their for like ...5pm. Inside me it was deliberate sort of cos i wanted to make a kinda entrance. I felt really good in my suit and neatly ironed white shirt, I had a nice fitting sunglasses to match my black suit.

It was a nice dinner and I had fun. the speaker, the interaction and a lot of things made me feel good. I wanted to talk to some of my Old friends but i didn't have time. It was raining and I had to drop off the ladies...I received some compliments as regards my dressing so it really paid off coming late LOL.

On the way back, though I was cracking jokes with my friends in the car and still managing to drive safely, I was thinking about my behavior earlier and wondering if it was worth it. Not only getting late to the dinner, but also deliberating avoiding some people and totally blowing of some people. Even though i never said a word but it showed in the way i responded to greetings.

I came to realize that it the way we relate with people is definitely important in building relationships. I guess I'm not much of a people person but i try to relate with people to a certain limit. Different people have different place in my heart and sometimes blowing off people is a way of telling them that "hey, u are ok but I dont really like you" My friends sometimes say that i'm proud but i tell them its just a way of driving home my point sometimes.

I hate it when people bug me and cramp on my style so i just put a person in the place he or she is suppose to be. In so doing I risk a permanent damage to relationship, but I do so praying that I don't get into any sort of trouble I won't like. Ok, I have gotten into trouble a lot trying to do away with some people....some decisions I regret but what can I do. Some still haunt me but I guess if you don't make mistakes, how will u learn. That's the way the world works right?

I didn't only prepare for a dinner, I actually learnt something....Valuble!
OKIZLE RULES

No comments:

Post a Comment